SUBSCRIBE Here: http://bit.ly/GemmasBoldBakers
For my birthday this year, let's make Funfetti Cupcakes!
WATCH the latest episodes of Gemma's Bigger Bolder Baking HERE:
* Funfetti Birthday Cake: http://bit.ly/GemmasFunfettiCake
* 1 Minute Mug Cakes: http://bit.ly/gemmas1minutecakes
* Jelly Donut French Macarons: http://bit.ly/gemmasmacarons
* Secret Monkey Bread: http://bit.ly/gemmasmonkeybread
* No Machine Ice Cream: http://bit.ly/Gemmasicecream
FULL RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE FUNFETTI CUPCAKES
Homemade Funfetti Cake
* 1 Cup and 2/3 all - purpose flour (measured the correct way) (210 grams)
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1/4 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 3/4 Cup granulated sugar (150 grams)
* 1/4 Cup light brown sugar (50 grams)
* 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, melted (1 stick or 115 grams)
* 1 Large egg
* 1/4 Cup yogurt plain or sour cream (60 grams)
* 3/4 Cup Buttermilk
* 1 Tbsp vanilla extract (15 ml)
* 2/3 Cup sprinkles
* 1 Cup salted butter, softened to room temperature (2 sticks or 230 grams)
* 3 Cups powdered (confectioners') sugar (360 - 480 grams)
* 2 tsp and 1/2 vanilla extract
* green food dye (optional. you can use any color)
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9-inch springform or baking pan (round or square) with nonstick spray. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter in the microwave. Whisk in the sugars vigorously getting out any brown sugar lumps - mixture will be gritty. Whisk in egg, yogurt, milk, and vanilla extract until combined. Slowly mix in dry ingredients until no lumps remain. Batter will be thick. Slowly stir in sprinkles, but do not overmix because the sprinkles will bleed their color.
Spoon batter into prepared cupcake pa, fill 3/4 of the way.
Bake for 25-30 minute or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
To make the frosting, beat softened butter on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer. Beat for 3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Add sifted powdered sugar spoon by spoon until incorporated. This takes around 5 minutes. Add in cream,food coloring and vanilla extract with the mixer running.
Frost cooled cupcake as desired and top with sprinkles. There may be leftover frosting depending how much you wish to use. Cover cupcake and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.